Leventis Foundation is funding fellowship for younger scholars to develop their research interests in the field of libraries and archives and to participate in the intellectual life of the Center. Nigerian academics are eligible for this research fellowship. Duration of fellowship is of three months. The scheme might be particularly appropriate for scholars working up a PhD thesis into publishable form. Send your application by post.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): SOAS, University of London in UK
Eligible Field of Study: The fellowship is awarded in libraries and archives and to participate in the intellectual life of the Centre
Type: Research, Fellowship
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Applications from Nigerian academics to take part in a scheme of collaborative research.
- The scheme might be particularly appropriate for scholars working up a PhD thesis into publishable form.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Duration of Scholarship: 3 months
How to Apply
To be considered for the fellowship, applicants should send the following documents via email to email@example.com
- A complete curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- A statement of current research interests (of not more than 1,000 words) specifying the aims to be achieved during the research period in London
- One academic reference letter supporting the application (sent directly from the email account of the referee to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications are considered by a Steering Committee in London. Emails will be sent to the applicants informing them of the Committee’s decision soon after the deadline of 31st March.
Email applications are preferable, but if you are unable to send your application by email, please post it to:
Ms Angelica Baschiera
Centre of African studies
SOAS‐University of London
London WC1H 0XG
Award Sponsors: Leventis Foundation
Important Notes: Letters will be sent to the applicants informing them of the Committee’s decision soon after the deadline.