Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University offering the Netherland Scholarship to international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s in the Netherlands.
Offered annually? Yes
Sponsors: The Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
To be taken at: The Netherlands
About the Award: The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University. This scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s at RSM.
Type: Bachelors, Masters
- Prospective students for the IBA programme at RSM need to prove their excellence. Excellence in previous education is proven if the grade point average achieved at secondary school (measured to date) is at least the equivalent of the Dutch grade of 8.0 on the Dutch grading scale 1 – 10;
- For prospective students who have also attended higher education after secondary education grades obtained in higher education will be considered as well. The RSM Scholarship Committee will decide on the local grade equivalents for the Dutch grade of 8.0 using (a.o.) the grade information included in the Nuffic country modules;
- Only students who are not recipients of any other scholarships exceeding the amount € 5,000 in total in that same academic year can apply for the scholarship;
- By accepting this scholarship you agree to assist the RSM Recruitment and Admissions Office in the role of an Ambassador with promotional and support activities for approximately 8 hours per month during the academic year;
- By accepting this scholarship, you agree to start your visa procedure before 1 June 2018. RSM holds the right to cancel your scholarship if you have not started your visa procedure and holds the right to offer the scholarship to a student on the waiting list.
Eligibility: To be eligible, fulfill the following:
- Your nationality is non-EEA;
- You are a prospective student, starting your studies in the academic year 2018/2019;
- You are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s programme at RSM;
- You meet the specific requirements of the programme you are applying for;
- You do not have a degree from an educational institution in the Netherlands (excluding exchange programmes in the Netherlands).
In principle, a fair distribution of scholarships over the various programmes will take place. This principle may be deviated from and priority may be given to applicants for certain programmes. Additionally, the school may strive for a certain distribution over the continents.
Value of Scholarship:
- The scholarship amounts to € 5,000 for maximum 12 months, one academic year;
- You will receive this only in the first year of your studies. This is not a full scholarship;
- The amount will be transferred in two instalments (November 2017 and February 2018) after you have paid the full tuition fee amount.
Duration of sponsorship: 1-year
How to Apply
The first step is to register for the IBA programme in Studielink.
Note that it is not possible to apply for a scholarship in Studielink! Once you have registered yourself, you will receive a link for online application form (OLAF). Please upload your application documents and a scholarship application letter (max. 1 A4 size page) in OLAF. The application letter should include the following information:
- an explanation why you would need a scholarship, comprising a description of your current financial situation;
- an explanation why you would deserve a scholarship, comprising a description of academic excellence and if applicable other merits;
- a clear financial plan of how you are going to finance year 2 and 3 of the IBA programme;
- a signed statement indicating that other scholarships awarded do not exceed the amount of € 5,000 in total;
- if applicable: certified copies of other scholarships granted.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for Details.