Essex has a proud tradition of educating amazing women. Our Women of the Future Scholarships have been created to support bright and inspirational women from across the globe. Thirty scholarships are available to equip women from around the world with the skills and knowledge needed to empower them to become leaders and drivers of change.
Eligible Countries: All
To be Taken At: United Kingdom
Scholarship Type: Masters Programme
No of Award: 30
Value of Programme: Valued at £20,000, (Covering Tuition fees / stipend)
Each scholarship, which will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, is worth £20,000 and will be available to non-UK women for taught Masters study at Essex for 2017-18 and will cover tuition fees and a stipend.
Scholarships will be for any area of study, except two of the awards (supported by the Edge Foundation) will be allocated to students studying in our Department of Sociology.
For six of the awards (supported by Santander Universities), preference will be given to applicants from the following countries, Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Chile, China, Colombia, Italy, France, Germany, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Spain, USA, UAE and Uruguay.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a self-funded female EU or International fee paying (fee status) applicant (please note, recipients of government student loans are considered to be self-funded)
- be ordinarily resident in a country other than the United Kingdom
- hold an offer of admission from our Graduate Admissions Office for a full time masters programme in any subject commencing in October 2017 by the closing date for the scholarship; the offer can be unconditional or conditional.
- Graduate Diplomas, PG Certificates and PG Diplomas are excluded from this award.
How to apply
To apply for this award, all applicants must:
- complete the online application form by 31 May 2017
- apply for admission to the University via our online postgraduate application form
After you apply
Your application will be reviewed by a selection panel and you’ll be notified if you’re successful by mid July 2017. Please see the full terms and conditions for details of how scholarship recipients are selected.