To achieve our goal of being a catalyst for public sector transformation, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will every year, for five years starting in 2017, fund five scholarships for outstanding West Africans from all backgrounds who are passionate about the public sector, to pursue the Master of Public Policy degree at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford. Upon graduation, AIG Scholars will be expected to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
The Scholarships Programme is targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 35, some of whom may have work experience. The scholars will be exceptionally intelligent graduates who have excelled academically as well as in other areas of their lives.
- The AIG Scholarships are full scholarships covering fees, accommodation and living expenses.
- Citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Age between 25 and 35 years
- Achieved an academic standing sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to Oxford and the MPP programme. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honors (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Strong commitment to public service and a willingness to commit to working for a fixed number of years in your country’s public sector
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
For more information visit their Official Website.
How to Apply
Apply through online!