About: The Widener University is a private, coeducational university located in Chester, Pennsylvania. Its main campus sits on 108 acres, just 14 miles southwest of Philadelphia.
Scholarship Description: The Widener University is offering a limited number of full-tuition scholarships based on the strength of the applicant pool. Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
Country of Study: USA
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: Each year a limited number of full-tuition scholarships are awarded based on the strength of the applicant pool.
Eligibility Criteria: Minimum criteria to be considered for an invitation to interview for a full-tuition scholarship:
- 1410 minimum combined SAT score (Math & EBRW sections), or 30 minimum ACT composite score
- Top 10% of senior class
- 85 minimum cumulative grade point average (based on a 4.0-grade scale)
Scholarships available are:
- a one-time, partial scholarship of up to $5,000
- granted to a total of 1 applicant for the Summer 2015 intake and 3 applicants for the Fall 2015 intake
- for the International Year One undergraduate pathway program applicants only
- applicable on the tuition amount only
- merit-based; see eligibility criteria below.
Eligibility criteria for International Study Center scholarship
|China||Senior Middle 3||80% (5% lower for students from key schools)|
|Korea||Inmungye Kodung Hakkyo||Rank 4|
|Taiwan||Senior High School Graduation Certificate||70%|
|Hong Kong||HKDSE||Level 3 in 1 academic subjects|
|Macau||Certificate of Higher Education (Form 6)||12 in 3 relevant academic subjects|
|Malaysia||SPM (Malaysia Certificate of Education) or Forecast results||B- Second Class Honors in 5 relevant academic subjects including English and Maths|
|Singapore||GCE O levels||4 B4s in 4 relevant academic subjects|
|Vietnam||Diploma of Graduation from Secondary Education (Bang Tot Nghiep Pho Thong Trung Hoc)||6.5 average|
|Russia / Kazakhstan / Ukraine||Attestat||Average grades of 3.0 in all subjects|
|Pakistan||High Secondary Certificate (HSC)||55% in 4 relevant academic subjects|
|Jordan||General Secondary Education Certificate (Tawjihi)||85% average in 4 relevant academic subjects|
|Qatar||General Secondary Education Certificate Examination (Al-Thanawaya Al-Amah)||75% average in 4 relevant academic subjects|
|Nigeria||West African Senior School Certificate||Grades 1-4 in relevant academic subjects|
|India||Senior Secondary Certificate (CSB) 10+2||55%|
|Japan||Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate (Kotogakka Sotsugyo Shosho)||3.5|
|USA||Grade Point Average (GPA)||3.0+|
Please Note: Countries not listed here will be measured against the US GPA equivalent
How to Apply
In order to be considered for a scholarship, you must
- Complete the online application form for the next available start date
- Download the scholarship application form ( 548Kb) and upload along with all other supporting documents